Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"dikileaks" and privacy laws

 ‎"To infer that I would pose for a photograph naked knowing that it was going to be kept is just absolute garbage and offensive". And so said St Kilda player Nick Riewoldt, but this is maybe a bit of a stretch, as a club leader and a sports celebrity he shouldve known this would end up all over the internet? click here .
Assuming the footballer's version of events is true that they don't know the girl and let her take pictures of them naked (which I certainly don't rule out considering the reputations of the average footballer), I personally think we need to put the breaks on the building momentum to overhaul internet privacy laws after this fiasco. I believe there's enough laws in place to cover character assassination etc, and surely people can sue for "pain and suffering" if they've suffered severe ridicule? Just because some footballer was made to look an idiot, doesn't mean we should all go out of our way to change the laws of the land?
And in fact while I was writing this, I saw a link which lists the possible actions the aggrieved party can take. list of options .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment