Wednesday, May 11, 2011

when did Perth become so ugly?

And now for something a little more flippant, when prey tel, did the once lovely city of Perth become so damn ugly? I thought it was just me than thought that all this new found money and affluence had helped this once classy city turn ugly and sinister? But after reading this piece from the local social pages see here , I realised it's not just me.
When I first went to Perth in the early 2000s, I remember a quaint yet beautiful city with a Mediterranean climate, classy eateries and outdoor dining. But with each passing trip I've seen an increasing body of evidence that's unsettled me. All small things and trivial on their own, but added up they've left me in no hurry to return anytime soon.
But maybe I'm just a paleo-conservative at heart? Maybe it's just the nouveau riche that I don't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment