Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Canadian election lesson for the ALP?

I notice that the reviled arch conservative Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper has been returned to power with an outright majority see here .
The natural party of government (or Opposition), the Liberals, have suffered the ignominy of losing Opposition status to the New Democratic Party, a leftist party on the rise.
While I'm no expert on Canadians politics, the parallels with Gillard Labor couldn't be more ominous. As I've stated previously, the days of Labor being able to command a one party government may be over, as they alienate progressives and follow the script of the corporate elites, they're finding out that there'll be other progressive parties out there ready to fill the void.
So if I was Gillard right now, I'd be taking up a crash course in Canadian politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment